Monday, November 16, 2009

Of movies and mornings


This week is one that I will not soon forget. I won’t soon forget it because a lot of it is on DVD for me to watch long after I leave Kaleo. We were in our Old Testament Literature class this week taught by Don Taylor.

The week was busy to say the least. Not only did we have to learn the entire theological history of the Old Testament, we also had to wake a movie portraying the main turning points. The movie took up virtually all my time after class.

Last week I wrote about slowing down and taking time to just “be” with God. It was frustrating to still be so busy throughout the whole week.

On Saturday though things felt better. All my work was done for the week. At 7:00am on Saturday morning Jeremy and me went down to the dock to read/ pray. It was such a good time for me. I haven’t been seeing too many sunrises since I’ve been here; I’ve been seeing a lot of the night, but missing the mornings.

There’s something about mornings that I love. Something about breathing in the crisp cold air as I look out across the water, all the while reading the words of the God who made it all.

Pray with us this week as we are doing a 24/7 week of prayer. Can’t wait to see what God has in store. I just hope that our small imaginations don’t limit what he does.

1 comment:

  1. James, I love your last line, that you "hope that our small imaginations don't limit what he does". I will for sure be praying for this too.

    ReplyDelete