This week was unreal, specifically the first half. Kaleo went surfing in Tofino. I shared in my last post that it was time for a turning point. This week was just that. Last week I wrote…
I really hope that Justin’s openness is contagious to the group this week. We need it desperately.
God answered my prayers in ways I never even imagined. The chapel the first night was unreal. Josh shared his story shared with honesty and openness that brought the room to tears. We prayed, we encouraged, and we sang songs of praise.
I also wrote last week…
Pray for me that I will be open to the Spirit’s prompting this week. I feel like I’ve been holding back parts of myself from the group or holding back things I have to offer. Pray that I’ll be able to really give myself to this group of people.
I didn’t think I would share my testimony this week. Or any time this semester for that matter. I never really thought I had much of a story. I’ve had a life free from many of the hardships others deal with regularly. I didn’t think my story was yet appropriate in the context I was in.
Then, on the second night Jim asked for a story of someone who had just been lavished with God’s love for his or her whole life. My heart started racing, it was time for me to tell my story. So I told it.
It was so amazing to speak out my story to remember and think about how God has so blessed me. It was so encouraging to remember the deeds of the Lord in my life and to be surrounded by a group of people wanting to celebrate with me.
Getting home from surfing the chapels and time of sharing have been just as powerful. God’s truth and grace are celebrated and walls are being torn down.

No comments:
Post a Comment